Life Group Discussion Guide
Looking Forward Sermon Series
“Prayers of Expectancy” by Pastor Tony
January 5, 2020
If you have questions, contact Pastor Ric,
Below are some discussion questions relating to a recent sermon. These are provided so that your Life Group can discuss what was shared. Previous Weeks’ Discussion Guides and Sermon Notes are available through the Sermons under the Resources menu. Click on the sermon series and then the sermon you are interested in. You will see a paper icon under the sermon title. Click the icon to open the sermon notes. To listen to the sermon, click on the speaker icon.
Context: This is our new four-week series designed to help us prepare for the amazing things God is going to do as we move into our new facility while maintaining our vision of “Creating Space, Expecting Harvest!” These four sermons are meant to calibrate our hearts, our eyes, and our minds upon the vision of “Expecting Harvest.” How do we prepare for it? What does it mean? What is my role?
Sermon Texts: Matthew 9:35-38; Luke 18:1-18; Galatians 6:7-10; 2 Corinthians 9:6-11: 1 Corinthians 3:5-9
Leaders, please choose only the best question(s) for your group. We are praying for you as you lead these discussions:
- Spend a few moments processing Pastor Tony’s teaching. What thought, concept, text, or phrase caught your attention or has triggered further questions?
- How do we keep ourselves motivated in terms of “Harvest Potential?” What are the things our Life Group should be doing to stay enthused and keep our vision, the vision?
- How can each one of us develop a greater heart of compassion and not become insensitive or desensitized to the real needs of our culture—especially for those with whom we disagree and who could face eternity without God?
- LEFCers have a unique opportunity right now:
- What is your plan for harvest participation?
- What relationships are you cultivating?
- What relationships do you have that are far enough along that you are or should be planting seeds?
- Are there any relationships that are ready to hear the invitation?
- How is our new facility a wonderful opportunity to do all of this?
- How can a better, more disciplined prayer life help us realize the harvest vision, especially prayer (using the card in this Sunday’s church bulletin) for those in our Oikos? Here is a helpful link with a brief article to copy/paste in your browser: https://tinyurl.com/u79rx9s