Care at LEFC
At LEFC, we are committed to seeking opportunities to tangibly love and care for all attenders and members in a way that reflects the teaching and actions of Jesus Christ.
There are times in everyone’s life when tough circumstances (physical, emotional, mental, spiritual) make life hard. We would love to support you in these times, guiding you toward healing and wholeness—but we can’t help if we don’t know of your needs.
Scroll down to learn more about how LEFC can help with various aspects of care.
People need people—we are built for community. Sometimes, however circumstances (an injury, illness, loss of a loved one, etc.) make it difficult or even impossible for us to engage with others and leave us feeling alone. In those times when visitation needs arise within our congregation (in-home, hospital, nursing home, etc.), our trained chaplains are happy to help.
- To request visitation, please email Pastor Ken Martin or call the church office at 717-626-5332.
- For information on local counselors with whom LEFC has partnered, please contact Pastor Matt Sowada or Pastor Randy Hunt.
LEFC has a long history of people serving people. Within our congregation are many individuals ready and willing to provide hands-on services including yard work, providing meals, light housework, transportation, painting, etc. Our deacon/deaconesses assess and respond to requests for physical care and financial assistance through a system called the Mercy Network.
- If you are in need of physical assistance, please email the Mercy Network or call the church office at 717-626-5332 to begin a conversation, allowing us to consider your need and our congregation's ability to help.
- If you are in need of budget coaching or other financial guidance, please email our Budget Coaches or call the church office at 717-626-5332 to begin a conversation, allowing us to consider your need an our ability to help.
Let's be honest: relationships are tricky! Even the best of them require work, and whether it's a marriage, parent/child, other familial/friend/coworker relationship, or new engagement, occasionally outside help is needed. If you are looking for help with your relationships with others, please reach out.
- Engaged? Please click here to begin the process for Premarital Counseling and Mentoring.
- Married and looking for guidance, support, or mentoring? Please click here for more information or email Matt Sowada or Randy Hunt.
- For information on local counselors with whom LEFC has partnered, please email Matt Sowada or Randy Hunt.
- LEFC also has several Hope Groups (support groups for parents, GriefShare, adoption care, etc.) that meet regularly. For information on these groups, please click here or email our Connections Pastor Jeff Travis.
We all experience the pain of brokenness, and healing is always a process; but, when the hurts we carry result from addictions, abuse, bullying, mental illness, eating disorders, etc. that process is often complicated and multifaceted. We would love to walk beside you on your journey toward recovery and wholeness.