Why do we go to church
Why do we go to church?
5 Statements Using the Word "Church" Differently:
1. We are going to stream church today.
2. These churches are beautiful. Or even, our church address is 419 Pierson Road.
3. I think the church should be more vocal about this or that. Or I think the church should put in a sand volleyball court.
4. Would you consider becoming a member of this church?
5. The church cared for us so well when my mother died.
So, what exactly IS a church?
“A church is a group of Christians who assemble as an earthly embassy of Christs heavenly kingdom to proclaim the good news and commands of Christ the King to affirm one another as His citizens through the ordinances and to display Gods own holiness and love through a united and diverse people in all the world following the teaching and example of elders.”
- Rediscovering Church, by Leeman & Hansen
Biblically, the church is a group of disciples who gather to worship God, our Father encouraging, equipping and sharing the good news with each other under the leadership established by God.
The Church is Family.
The Church is a BOdy
1 Corinthians 12:12-27
The Church is a Flock
1 Peter 5:1-5
The Church is His Body