Love Gives Away
How far did God go to express his love? Romans 8:31-34
- God is actually for you. (31)
- He is like that parent in the stands at every game.
- He is like the captain of the team who picked you to be on his team.
- He is the ultimate “Got your back” captain.
- He is the GOAT—the greatest of all time and cannot be beat.
- So, no one stands a chance.
- God paid dearly for you to be in his family. (32)
- He gave that which was most precious to him— “I give you my son”.
- He did that which would guarantee your release to him.
- He did it for all of us without consideration of merit—so it was grace.
- God continues to do all the work for our benefit. (33-34)
- We can no longer be accused successfully.
- We have a great defender.
- We have the greatest intercessor.
What does God’s love accomplish in our lives? Romans 8:35-39
- Nothing can come between us and the love of Christ—the Son. (35)
- No challenging situation can separate us from his love.
- No adversary or malicious person can separate you from his love.
- No season of hard times can separate you from his love.
- Because of Christ’s love for us, we are conquerors in all situations. (37-38)
- Death does not win.
- Demons do not win.
- Tomorrow does not need to be feared.
- Nothing on earth stands a chance before him.
- NOTHING can separate us from the love of God that is in Jesus Christ OUR LORD! (39)
- God’s type of love holds nothing back for those he loves.
- Receive his love found in Jesus.
- If Jesus is your Lord, walk without fear.
- Pay forward the love of Christ this Christmas with a love that holds nothing back—no strangers at the table!
God’s love manifested in Christ is the greatest gift one could give!