It's all about Jesus
God loves you. John 3:16-18
Jesus loves you to the end. John 13:1-5
Called to a life of love. John 13:34-35
1 John 4:19 19 We love because he first loved us.
Ephesians 5:1-2 1 Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children 2 and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.
Transformative work of love. 1 John 4:7-21
- Love is birthed in us from God. (7-8)
- That love comes alive in and through Jesus. (9)
- God goes first in loving us by Jesus’ sacrifice. (10)
- We pay forward that love. (11)
- Love is the evidence of God’s work in us by his Spirit. (12-13)
- We live by love not fear. (18)
- We love because we have been loved by God. (19)
- Loving others is the evidence that we are a child of God. (20-21)
Relationship with Jesus checkup.
- When you think of Jesus what do you feel?
- Is love for others what you are known for?
- Like a marriage, what steps can you take to rekindle or begin a relationship of love with Jesus?
Revelation 2:2-5a 2 I know your deeds, your hard work and your perseverance. I know that you cannot tolerate wicked people, that you have tested those who claim to be apostles but are not and have found them false. 3 You have persevered and have endured hardships for my name and have not grown weary.4 Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken the love you had at first. 5 Consider how far you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first…
John 13:34-35 34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”