What does God know?
- God’s perfect knowledge is higher than we can conceive.
Isaiah 55:9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.”
- God knows everything—past, present, future.
1 John 3:20 “If our hearts condemn us we know that God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything.”
- He searches deeply into all things, both himself and us!
1 Corinthians 2:10b-11 “…The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. For who knows a person’ thoughts except their own spirit within them. In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.”
What does God know about us?
- He knows the mundane facts about you. [pics]
Matthew 10:29-30 “Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So, don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.”
- He knows exactly what you are doing right now—even your thoughts. Psalm 139:1-2
- He knows what you are going to say before you say it. Psalm 139:4
How does God knowing everything play out in a person’s life?Luke 22:31-34
- He is the advocate before the accuser.
- He advocates with precision.
- He offers hope before and during the storm.
- He gives vision on how to utilize lessons learned to serve his purposes.
The greatness of an all-knowing God.
- He knows what you need before you even ask.
Matthew 6:8b“…your Father knows what you need before you ask him.”
- He prays for you when you lack the words to pray.
Romans 8:26-27 “In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God.”
- He reveals hidden darkness to truly set one free.
John 4:1-29, 39 “Many of the Samaritans from that town believed in him because of the woman’s testimony, ‘He told me everything I ever did.”
So many people are relationally or emotionally broken. Depression, anxiety, isolation, or tension become the the norm and it wreaks havoc with relationships, health, and even with faith. This series will be addressing these issues and will help lay stronger foundations in understanding God more fully in these issues, so that we can be on a path towards healing or help others towards a path of healing of emotional and relational brokenness.