Anchored - He Can.
*Illustration:God’s got this—my cousins’ journey.
How often do we limit God’s power and ability to our capacity?
What if we saw God for who he actually is—a God with limitless power whose only restriction is his pure and holy character?
God Almighty. God the victorious one. God is able. He can and He will.
Omnipotence(def.)- “God is able to do all his holy will.” Grudem
God’s power is revealed to all. Romans 1:18-20
- Evil desires lived out suppress truth. (18)
- God has made himself plainly known. (19)
- God’s eternal power and divine nature are evidenced before all. (20)
- There is no excuse for the suppression of truth. (20)
Biblical declarations that God can—his eternal power.
- Jeremiah 32:17“Ah, Sovereign Lord, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you.”
- Psalm 115:3“Our God is in heaven; he does whatever pleases him.”
- Matthew 19:26“Jesus looked at them and said, ‘With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”
- Luke 1:37“For no word from God will ever fail.”
- 2 Corinthians 6:18“And, I will be a Father to you and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.”
- Ephesians 3:20“Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations forever and ever! Amen!”
God cannot deny his own character.
- God does not and cannot lie.
Hebrews 6:18“…it is impossible for God to lie…”
Titus 1:2“…God, who does not lie…”
- God does not and cannot tempt or guide others towards evil.
James 1:13“When tempted no one should say, ‘God is tempting me.’ For God cannot be tempted by evil nor does he tempt anyone.”
- God cannot and will not cease to exist.
Revelation 1:8“I am the Alpha and the Omega’, says the Lord God, ‘who is and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”
Exodus 3:14b, 15b“…I AM WHO I AM…This is my name forever, the name you shall call me from generation to generation.”
Take aways concerning God’s power.
- He can bring about beauty in the greatest messes we have made.
- He can and will finish his work in you to his glory. Philippians 1:6 [Billy’s story]
- He can and will stand victorious over all those bent on evil, both on earth and in the spiritual realm. Romans 8:31, 35-39
- If you are tired and weary call upon him, because He can!
Matthew 11:28-30 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.
So many people are relationally or emotionally broken. Depression, anxiety, isolation, or tension become the the norm and it wreaks havoc with relationships, health, and even with faith. This series will be addressing these issues and will help lay stronger foundations in understanding God more fully in these issues, so that we can be on a path towards healing or help others towards a path of healing of emotional and relational brokenness.