Life Group Discussion Guide
Blessing & Blessed Sermon Series
“Giving Up to Give Away” by Pastor Tony
December 22, 2019
If you have questions, contact Pastor Ric,
Below are some discussion questions relating to a recent sermon. These are provided so that your Life Group can discuss what was shared. Previous Weeks’ Discussion Guides and Sermon Notes are available through the Sermons under the Resources menu. Click on the sermon series and then the sermon you are interested in. You will see a paper icon under the sermon title. Click the icon to open the sermon notes. To listen to the sermon, click on the speaker icon.
Context: What Jesus gave up for us was heaven. What he took on for us was humanity. He was motivated by his great love. What can we give up for the sake of others’ eternal destiny?
Sermon Texts: Romans 8:31-39
Leaders, please choose only the best question(s) for your group. We are praying for you as you lead these discussions:
- Spend a few moments processing Pastor Tony’s teaching. What thought, concept, text or phrase caught your attention or has triggered further questions?
- Think of practical ways you can show Christ’s love to your Oikos all year long, and as a Life Group. Who are those that God has strategically placed in your day-to-day life, and how can you show love to them?
- Have a conversation about how your life group’s mission is motivated by love.
- What are the obstacles you find (cultural, personal, etc.) to showing love toward others? How can they be overcome?
- What is your greatest challenge to accepting Christ’s love for yourself? For example, what lies (accusations) from the enemy are you still believing?
- God’s type of love holds nothing back for those he loves.
- Receive his love found in Jesus.
- If Jesus is your Lord, walk without fear.
- Pay forward the love of Christ this Christmas with a love that holds nothing back—no strangers at the table!
God’s love manifested in Christ is the greatest gift one could give.
Please note: This is the last Life Group Discussion Guide for 2019. There will not be a discussion guide for next week’s sermon.
Have a Merry Christmas! God with us!