Group Discussion Guide
Below the Surface Sermon Series
“Standing in Faith, Restored Relationally” by Pastor Tony
Choose the best question(s) for your group
May 13, 2018
Questions: Contact Pastor Ric,
Below are some discussion questions relating to a recent sermon. These are provided so that your Life Group can discuss what was shared. Previous Weeks’ Discussion Guides and Sermon Notes are available through the Sermons under the Resources menu. Click on the sermon series and then the sermon you are interested in. You will see a paper icon under the sermon title. Click the icon to open the sermon notes. To listen to the sermon, click on the speaker icon.
Text: 2 Corinthians 13: 5-10
- What would a self-evaluation or examination of your faith look like? Have you ever done it? What would be your fear of doing it? Who would be the best person to ask to do it?
- How could a process like this lead to restoration of relationships with others?
- Has your Oikos seen a progression of maturity/faith in your life? How could you discover if this is happening from those who are not yet Christ-followers?
- We are most transparent and vulnerable at home. My wife and my kids have seen me at my worst. How could this kind of self-evaluation (family setting), done with healthy boundaries, benefit the family? What would that look like?
- Some authors I have read say that “brokenness” before God is a prerequisite to a growing faith. This is what Paul means in 2 Corinthians 13:10 when he talks about peacemaking based upon truth and a right-spirit. Take a minute and look at Psalm 51 and discuss the path and benefits with your group of a right spirit.