Group Discussion Guide
Prayer: Knowing and Experiencing God Sermon Series
“Prayer of Protection and Dedication” by Pastor Tony
Choose the best question(s) for your group
Below are some discussion questions relating to a recent sermon. These are provided so that your Life Group can discuss what was shared. Previous Weeks’ Discussion Guides and Sermon Notes are available through the Sermons under the Resources menu. Click on the sermon series and then the sermon you are interested in. You will see a paper icon under the sermon title. Click the icon to open the sermon notes. To listen to the sermon, click on the speaker icon.
Texts: 2 Kings 19:14-19; 2 Chronicles 6:14-42; 2 Kings 19:32-34
Prayer defined: Conversation between God and man.
- Briefly discuss how the Old Testament Temple and the New Testament Church are similar? How they are different in scope and purpose? (1 Chronicles 17, 18, 22; 2 Chronicles 2-4)
- Some in our Oikos see the church building as a barrier, and they will not come to a building. What positive strategies can we use to help them overcome this?
- How does my prayer life include LEFC? Specifically, for what promises of God should I be praying? (2 Kings 19:32-34; Matthew 9:35-38)
- How can Life Groups be a part of our church’s commitment to be a house of prayer?
- Why are commissioning and dedication vital in fulfilling God’s purposes? (2 Chronicles 6:41-42) How could/should this concept be applied outside of the church?
- As you think about the Harvest, for whom in your Oikos are you praying daily for the sake of the gospel? Pre-Christians? Prodigals? Purposefuls? Potentials?