Group Discussion Guide
Prayer, Knowing and Experiencing God Sermon Series
“Prayer in Jesus Name” Pastor Tony
Choose the best question(s) for your group
November 11, 2018
Questions: Contact Pastor Ric, j
Below are some discussion questions relating to a recent sermon. These are provided so that your Life Group can discuss what was shared. Previous Weeks’ Discussion Guides and Sermon Notes are available through the Sermons under the Resources menu. Click on the sermon series and then the sermon you are interested in. You will see a paper icon under the sermon title. Click the icon to open the sermon notes. To listen to the sermon, click on the speaker icon.
Texts: Luke 10:1-3, 17-20; Acts 19:11-17; Ephesian 6:12, 18; 2 Kings 6:15-17
1. Have you ever had a moment where you tangibly observed the spiritual realm? If so, explain.
2. How would you separate that which is purely physical verses that which clearly is affected by the spiritual realm?
3. How would you explain the difference between knowing about Jesus verses knowing Jesus?
4. Do you think we are daily aware of the “rulers in dark places” and the power they have in our culture? How can we live more in the greater power of Jesus fully aware of the conflict we regularly face?
5. Why do unbelievers have a reaction to Jesus’ name more than any other name, both in profanity, rejection, anger, or in discomfort?
6. How can we as believers invoke the power of Jesus name in prayer, life situations, or in building bridges with our oikos?