Group Discussion Guide
Jesus: Life Reimagined Sermon Series
“Making Friends with the Irreputable” by Pastor Tony
Choose the best question(s) for your group
January 20, 2019
Questions: Contact Pastor Ric,
Below are some discussion questions relating to a recent sermon. These are provided so that your Life Group can discuss what was shared. Previous Weeks’ Discussion Guides and Sermon Notes are available through the Sermons under the Resources menu. Click on the sermon series and then the sermon you are interested in. You will see a paper icon under the sermon title. Click the icon to open the sermon notes. To listen to the sermon, click on the speaker icon.
Text: Luke 5: 27-31
- People can sense when they are a project. How do we guard against that within our Oikos?
- Developing genuine relationships with those who do not share our faith takes us out of our comfort zone. Explain how prayer and the Holy Spirit are essential to being “successful.” What is a biblical definition of “success” in relationships with people who are not yet believers?
- How could social media be used (with care) to advance these relationships?
- Why are our core spiritual friendships with believers so important in this process?
- As a life group, develop a general strategy to reach those who are not yet Christ followers in your Oikos. How could your life group’s mission be integrated with this strategy?
In addition to Pastor Tony’s teaching, here is another resource for you: https://www.desiringgod.org/articles/three-tips-on-being-a-friend-of-sinners
- Are there limits or set boundaries to lifestyle stuff when building these kinds of relationships? How do we determine this? Why should we avoid judging others (v.30) who don’t hold to our specific standards?