Group Discussion Guide
PRINTER FRIENDLY VERSION
Below The Surface Sermon Series
Praying for Relief, Trusting God’s Response by Pastor Tony
Choose the best question(s) for your group
April 29, 2018
Questions: Contact Pastor Ric,
Below are some discussion questions relating to a recent sermon. These are provided so that your Life Group can discuss what was shared. Previous Weeks’ Discussion Guides and Sermon Notes are available through the Sermons under the Resources menu. Click on the sermon series and then the sermon you are interested in. You will see a paper icon under the sermon title. Click the icon to open the sermon notes. To listen to the sermon click on the speaker icon.
Text: 2 Corinthians 12:1-10
- Have you ever pleaded to God for relief concerning something in your life and the answer you desired did not happen? If so, how do you interpret God’s response or purpose in that response?
- Why does God value humility as a primary attitude for those he uses? How does God utilize storms in life as a means to bring about a greater good in your life and more glory towards him?
- What impact can a “trusting response” in God have on your Oikos when you are experiencing a life trial?
- Pride can become a sinister part of our lives. It can be a part of our personality, how we were raised (our home life), and/or because of personal/professional success. How do we guard against pride sneaking into our lives apart from a trial allowed by God?
- A “trusting response” does not always come easily. The reality is that sometimes it is hard to get there. What role do those closest to us (close friend, spouse, our Life Group, perhaps?) play in helping us process our response so that it becomes “trusting”? How can this best happen?