Group Discussion Guide
Prayer: Knowing and Experiencing God Sermon Series
“Prayers of Praise and Thanksgiving” Pastor Tony
Choose the best question(s) for your group
November 25, 2018
Questions: Contact Pastor Ric,
Below are some discussion questions relating to a recent sermon. These are provided so that your Life Group can discuss what was shared. Previous Weeks’ Discussion Guides and Sermon Notes are available through the Sermons under the Resources menu. Click on the sermon series and then the sermon you are interested in. You will see a paper icon under the sermon title. Click the icon to open the sermon notes. To listen to the sermon, click on the speaker icon.
Texts: Philippians 4:4-9; Genesis 50:20; 2 Kings 6:15-17; Philippians 1:6; Romans 8: 31, 37; Jeremiah 10:6; 1 Chronicles 17:20; Exodus 15:11; 1 Samuel 2:2
- Does God really have a specific plan for your life: Who to marry, what church to attend, what profession or line of work to enter? Or, could his plan for you be more about becoming the right kind of person?
- What is your plan for praying about everything?
- If we believe prayer is a conversation between God and people, how do we hear from God? What are the things in life that hinder us from hearing his voice? How do we get rid of them?
- What are your strategies regarding prayer and your Oikos? How do you use the power of prayer for godly influence among those friends who do not consider themselves followers of Christ?
- How does one practically utilize the God’s great power for us who believe?Specifically, where do we struggle in our faith with all the evil we see in the world?
- Give some thought to having concerts of prayer in your Life Groups. What would it look like for your group (from time to time) to focus only on prayer for our church, each other, our Oikos, our community?