Group Discussion Guide
Jesus: Life Reimagined Sermon Series
“The Heartbeat of Christ” by Pastor Matt
Choose the best question(s) for your group
April 7, 2019
Questions: Contact Pastor Ric,
Below are some discussion questions relating to a recent sermon. These are provided so that your Life Group can discuss what was shared. Previous Weeks’ Discussion Guides and Sermon Notes are available through the Sermons under the Resources menu. Click on the sermon series and then the sermon you are interested in. You will see a paper icon under the sermon title. Click the icon to open the sermon notes. To listen to the sermon, click on the speaker icon.
Texts: Luke 15:1-7; Luke 19:1-10
Choose the best question(s) for your group:
- Were there any quotes, thoughts, concepts, and/or stories spoken this morning that really resonated with you? Why?
- Read the texts. Recap any major points Pastor Matt made as you do so. Were there any questions or concepts you’d like to discuss?
- Pastor Matt challenged all of us at the beginning of the sermon with this statement:
Your attitude to YOUR sin not only affects
your approach to God, but also
your approach to OTHER sinners.
- Personally, do you agree or disagree? Why? How have you seen this play out in your life? Can you give personal or practical examples of this?
- What does repentance often look like in your life?
- Pastor Matt described two groups this morning. Did you identify with one or the other?
- Group A: Tax Collectors, Sinners
- Group B: Pharisees, Scribes
- In what ways are you like Zacchaeus?
- Have you ever felt the “disgust” of the Pharisees? Briefly share the moment.
- How has your approach to your Oikos been affected by your attitude towards your sin?
- How can we (as a group) be praying for your
- Perspective of your sin
- Approach (Spiritual Discipline, Trust) towards God
- Approach to your Oikos
- Spend some time praying (possibly in smaller groups, maybe by genders) repenting and enjoying Christ together.