Group Discussion Guide
Ablaze: Life and Scripture Meet Sermon Series
Draw Near to God by Dr. Ed Scheuerman
Choose the best question(s) for your group
Below are some discussion questions relating to a recent sermon. These are provided so that your Life Group can discuss what was shared. Previous Weeks’ Discussion Guides and Sermon Notes are available through the Sermons under the Resources menu. Click on the sermon series and then the sermon you are interested in. You will see a paper icon under the sermon title. Click the icon to open the sermon notes. To listen to the sermon, click on the speaker icon.
Text: Hebrews 10:19-25.
- Have you ever taken that initial step of thanking Jesus for His making access to God possible?
a. Look at Ephesians 2:8-10
i. What do verses 8-9 say about what it means to be "saved?
ii. What is the significance of verse 10 coming after verses 8-9? In other words, what is the role of "good works" as it relates to salvation?
- Read Hebrews 4:14-16. How does it make you feel that God knows our temptations?
- What draws me near to God? How do I personally feel close to God?
- List as many attributes (characteristics) of God (e.g. love, mercy, omnipotence, etc.) as you can.
a. Which one is most precious to you today? Why?
b. How do your prayers reflect this? Or how COULD your prayers reflect this?
- How do I rob myself of the blessing of fellowship with other believers?
- How can I help draw others to God and encourage them in their relationship with God and others?
- What does I Peter 3:15 say to us about telling others about our relationship with God?
a. What keeps me from doing this?
b. How does this relate to LEFC’s focus on oikos ministry?