Group Discussion Guide
Jesus: Life Reimagined Sermon Series
“Making Friends That Build” by Pastor Tony
Choose the best question(s) for your group
January 13, 2019
Questions: Contact Pastor Ric,
Below are some discussion questions relating to a recent sermon. These are provided so that your Life Group can discuss what was shared. Previous Weeks’ Discussion Guides and Sermon Notes are available through the Sermons under the Resources menu. Click on the sermon series and then the sermon you are interested in. You will see a paper icon under the sermon title. Click the icon to open the sermon notes. To listen to the sermon, click on the speaker icon.
Texts: Luke 5:1-11; Matthew 4:18-22; Mark 1:16-20
- What are the character qualities we should be looking for in friends who could partner with us, spiritually? Are there any other specific qualities you feel you need in a deeper friendship?
- Discuss the impact a good spiritual friend had in your life. If you haven’t had one recently, talk about why that is.
- Who, in your Oikos, has the spiritual qualities of someone who could partner with you in your vision/walk with God? What would it take to build a relationship with such a person?
- Have a conversation about some of the rewards and risks involved in building and maintaining great spiritual friendships.
- The closer we become in relationship, the more we see others’ flaws. How does such healthy transparency affect relationships? How can this be a very positive thing?