Group Discussion Guide
PRINTER FRIENDLY VERSION
Love Revealed Sermon Series
Our Calling by Pastor Nicholas
Choose the best question(s) for your group
April 22, 2018
Questions: Contact Pastor Ric,
Below are some discussion questions relating to a recent sermon. These are provided so that your Life Group can discuss what was shared. Previous Weeks’ Discussion Guides and Sermon Notes are available through the Sermons under the Resources menu. Click on the sermon series and then the sermon you are interested in. You will see a paper icon under the sermon title. Click the icon to open the sermon notes. To listen to the sermon click on the speaker icon.
Texts: Matthew 21, Mark 11, Luke 19, John 12, Zechariah 9.
- What in the sermon this week was troubling, inspiring, convicting, or confusing for you?
- Starting in Mark 11, Mark chronicles Jesus’s last week on a day-by-day basis. With Mark 11:1 which begins, “As they approached Jerusalem…” being the first day (We’ll call it Sunday), and Mark 16:2, which begins, “Very early on the first day of the week…” (We’ll call this the next Sunday), can you find all the days in between?
- Think about this: Does the church have a mission or does the mission have a church? Why is it important to know which came first?
- Do you know your Oikos? Who are they? Are you praying for them? Spend some time in prayer now for those in your Oikos. Name them. Hold each other accountable for developing relational strategies to keep sharing the Good News with those God has placed in your life.
- How well do you know our global partners (missionaries)? As a Life Group, have you adopted a partner single/couple for whom to pray and with whom you regularly communicate? It would be cool for every Life Group at LEFC to be partners with our missionaries.
- What is God calling YOU to do? Are you willing to get out of your comfort zone accompanied by "The Comforter” in obedience to His call?