KidMin Reopening Covid-19 Guidelines
LEFC Kids Covid-19 Guidelines
Dear LEFC families,
The reopening of Kids Ministry at LEFC has required much thought, research, and prayer. The safety of our children is of the utmost importance and we want to treat reopening as such. LEFC exists to help people (no matter how small) follow Jesus. We are honored that you have trusted us with your children, and we want that trust to continue.
The following are bullet points of our reopening plans for Infants through 4th grade:
- Each family is responsible for screening their children before arriving at LEFC. Do not drop off children who have experienced any of the following symptoms within the past 24 hours.
- Fever of 100 degrees or above
- New or constant cough
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Headache, muscle or body aches
- Sore throat
- Runny Nose (non-clear drainage)
- The same Wellness Policy applies to all members of the family. Do not drop off children if an immediate family member is sick.
- All parents and children Pre-K and up are required to wear a face mask (face shield) when entering into the church building.
- When you arrive to the church parking lot, we recommend that you check your children in by using the Elexio app on your smartphone. This way your tags will be ready when you come in.
- Self-check-in stations will be available as before. You’re welcome to use them. We do ask that you use hand sanitizer before touching the screen, keyboard and mouse.
- If you forgot to take your child’s temperature or didn’t bring a mask, there will be a designated area where a volunteer can check your child’s temperature and offer him/her a disposable mask.
- Please take your younger children to the bathroom before entering the Children’s Wing.
- Upon entering the classroom, children will need to use hand sanitizer or wash their hands.
- Children’s ministry volunteers will be wearing face shields.
- During each class, there will be 2-3 mask breaks.
- Once children enter the classroom and wash their hands, they will not be expected to socially distance from one another or from volunteers/adults.
- Our goal is to provide a safe and healthy environment for kids, parents and volunteers, but we do NOT want to teach behaviors of isolation or social fear.
- Toys and craft supplies in each classroom will be limited and will be sanitized or swapped with clean toys after each service. Soft toys and toys that are difficult to clean have been removed from classrooms.
- If a child or leader tests positive for COVID-19, the other children and leaders in that room or small group will be notified by LEFC Kids staff.
Finally, if you choose to continue to worship from home, we absolutely understand and respect that decision. Please know we are praying for each of you and your children. If you have questions or concerns, please email Pastor Dema: .